Dr Adil Mannan qualified as a Specialist in Orthodontics from Guy’s, King’s and St Thomas’s Dental Institute London in 2001, having previously graduated with a Bachelor in Dental Surgery degree in 1994 and briefly worked in general dental practice. He undertook a 3-year full time postgraduate training programme in Orthodontics at Guy’s Hospital London and St Helier Hospital Surrey, and was awarded his Master of Science in Orthodontics from London University and Membership in Orthodontics from both the Royal College of Surgeons of England and of Edinburgh in 2001. He also completed a Fellowship in Orthodontics from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland in 2003 and additionally was recently awarded a Fellowship in Dental Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
He is registered as a Specialist in Orthodontics with the General Dental Council. He is a fellow of the World Federation of Orthodontists, a member of the American Association of Orthodontists, the European Orthodontic Society and the Specialist Practitioner Group of the British Orthodontic Society.
He is a record three-time prize winner (2013, 2014 and 2018) of the prestigious “Against The Odds” UK national competition by the British Orthodontic Society for having achieved life changing results for his patients with orthodontic treatment in difficult circumstances.
Dr Mannan is particularly interested in achieving naturally aesthetic smiles in harmony with facial characteristics and tailoring each patient’s treatment according to their individual requirements. He enjoys working with both children and adults.
Dr Adil cases:
- British Orthodontic Society’s Against the Odds competition annually recognizes an inspiring patient’s triumph over great adversity during orthodontic treatment - WFO
- Orthodontic Practice December 2019 publication showing the Clinical aspects of the ATO case
- British Orthodontic Society's Against the Odds - Tatiana's Story
- Dentistry: ‘Against the Odds’ winner 2019
- Dentistry: ‘Against the Odds’ winner 2014
- British Orthodontic Society's Against the Odds winner 2013
- World Federation of Orthodontists Gazette: Against the Odds winner 2013